MANDUKA YEAR OF FREE YOGA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER, PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING AND PARTICIPATION IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON D.C. ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON D.C. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, AND NOT LOCATED IN, THE 50 UNITED STATES OR WASHINGTON D.C. AT TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON D.C. WHO ARE AT LEAST THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, AN ENTRANT WILL BE DEEMED TO ABIDE BY AND CONSENT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. AN ENTRANT MUST CONTINUE TO COMPLY WITH ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD. INTERNET ACCESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED TO ENTER. FREE INTERNET ACCESS IS AVAILABLE AT MANY PUBLIC LIBRARIES.
Please read these Official Rules before entering this Promotion. You agree that, by submitting an entry, you will be bound by these Official Rules and acknowledge that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
- BRIEF SWEEPSTAKES OVERVIEW: the Manduka Year of Free Yoga Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts on September 13, 2010 at 9:00 A.M. PT and ends on November 15, 2010 at 5:00 P.M. PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes offers participants the opportunity to register and instantly win prizes ("Prizes"), subject to verification. Individuals must participate in the Sweepstakes online. Regardless of method of participation, participants are limited to playing the Sweepstakes, i.e., submitting their full name and email address, a maximum of one (1) time during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be able to win one (1) of three (3) Prizes. Limit: a maximum of one (1) Prize per household address. The sole sponsor of the Sweepstakes is: Manduka, LLC, 358 Coral Circle, El Segundo, California 90245 (“Sponsor”).
- HERE'S HOW TO ENTER: As stated, the Sweepstakes Period starts on September 13, 2010 at 9:00 A.M. PT and ends on November 15, 2010 at 5:00 P.M. PT. You must register online during the Sweepstakes Period. To register, visit http://www.manduka.com/year-of-free-yoga/ and enter your first name, last name and valid email address. By registering and entering the Sweepstakes, you consent to receiving future promotional and other materials from Sponsor and its affiliates. Limit one (1) entry per household. If more than one (1) entry is received per household, only the first such entry received will be eligible to win.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. who are at least 13 years old at the dateof entry. Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW WINNERS ARE CHOSEN: Winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. We will post winner names on the Upward Frog Blog, Facebook page, via Twitter and via email on sites including: MANDUKA.COM/BLOG, FACEBOOK.COM/MANDUKAYOGA and TWITTER.COM/MANDUKAYOGA. All winning Prize winners are subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Be sure to check your email because if you are a potential winner, you will receive an email informing you how to claim your Prize. Check your Spam filters routinely to assure that Sweepstakes email messages have not been caught in your filter.
PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: There are three (3) Prizes available to be won as described below.
Once a participant has won a Prize at any given level, the participant will not be permitted to win another Prize. Regardless of the Prize won, all costs and expenses not specifically included within the description of the Prize is solely each winner’s responsibility. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize is unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor are they transferable. Prizes won with a value greater than $600 by persons who are eligible entrants but considered minors in their state of residence may be awarded to a parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documentation outlined herein, and otherwise comply with all requirements imposed on the winner set forth herein. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, declines to accept a Prize, or if Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner after reasonable efforts, or in the event that a Prize confirmation or Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited. Before being declared a winner, a potential winner (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and an IRS W-9 form within seven (7) business days from the time it is postmarked as having been sent by Sponsor or its representative, or the Prize will be forfeited. Applicable taxes, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are solely the responsibility of the winner. Unclaimed Prizes will not be re-awarded. By accepting a Prize, winners consent to the use of their name, addresses, voices and statements relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Prize Description of Prize Qty Approximate Retail Value (ARV) Total Maximum ARV Grand Prize #1 One (1) year of free yoga at winner’s select studio 1 $1,200 $1,200 Second Prize #2 One (1) month of free yoga at winner’s select studio 3 $150 $450 Third Prize #3 $100 in Manduka Bucks 5 $100 $500 Total prizes to be won: 9 $1,450 $2,150
Process for Prizes:
- When a winner is contacted they will have one week to respond to Sponsor with a location at which Sponsor will purchase a year of yoga classes, up to $1,200.
- Selected location must be a yoga studio or institution primarily dedicated to yoga classes. Selected location must offer a monthly and/or annual membership. If selected location does not meet this criteria, winner will have additional 72 hours to suggest a new location.
- Sponsor will purchase annual or monthly membership directly on winner’s behalf.
- Winner will be responsible for completing registration process at selected yoga studio location.
- GENERAL: No substitution or transfer of a Prize by winner permitted. All taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. By accepting Prize, winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winners (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Entrants (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all liability and damages. By participating in this promotion, entrants (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prizes. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded.
- WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after November 15, 2010, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope to: Practice Contest Winners, Manduka, LLC, 358 Coral Circle, El Segundo, CA, 90245, to be received by November 30, 2010
- NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mistranscribed phone transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper administration of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor or its affiliate or representative, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and the drawing for all unawarded Prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. Any damage made to the web site will be the responsibility of the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable email or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or factual errors, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical or factual error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Additionally, Sponsor bears no liability for acts of force majeure or other acts which interfere with the intended proper administration, operation and fulfillment of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants' or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, Sponsor in its sole discretion, believes that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as intended, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to said cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the case of an individually-owned domain, the owner of the domain name will be deemed the “authorized account holder.
By accepting a Prize, each winner releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance of a Prize, or arising out of participation in any Sweepstakes or Prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party.
By registering and entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to abide by these Official Rules as stated herein and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that due to technical, typographical, printing, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential prize winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree that: (a) except as otherwise specifically set forth in these Official Rules, any action arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the United States District Court for the District of California or the appropriate California State Court; and participants hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such court for the purposes of litigating any such action, and any right to a trial by jury is hereby waived; (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event will participants be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs; (d) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and a participant's sole remedy will be an action at law for damages to the extent allowed by sub-paragraphs (c) and (e) of this Rule; and (e) under no circumstances will participants be permitted, and participants hereby waive all rights, to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of pocket costs described in (c) above; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law of the State of California or any other jurisdiction. If any provision or provisions of these Official Rules shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical or printing or other errors, administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the Prizes or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. All federal, state, and local laws apply. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Void in all jurisdictions other than the 50 United States and Washington D.C., and where prohibited by law.