This DVD features short, simple therapeutic yoga practices carefully designed to alleviate pain and promote health in the low back, sacrum and hips. Benefit from the expert guidance of Gary Kraftsow, one of the world's leading yoga therapists.
Gentle • Accessible • Effective
Based on 30 years of distinguished work in yoga therapy, Gary Kraftsow's Viniyoga Therapy DVD series presents his acclaimed use of yoga postures and breath techniques to promote sustained back health. The DVDs are based on his book, Yoga for Wellness, and the protocol he developed for an National Institutes of Health research study that demonstrated the potential of yoga therapy for treatment of low back pain.
Includes a presentation on back pain, in-depth instruction on safely practicing the postures, and three complete therapeutic practices. Designed for everyone—even if you've never practiced yoga before!
Yoga Therapy, derived from the Yoga tradition of Patanjali and the Ayurvedic system of health, refers to the adaptation and application of yoga techniques and practices to help individuals facing health challenges manage their condition, reduce symptoms, restore balance, increase vitality and improve attitude. The practices in this DVD seek to achieve those goals by:
• Improving postural alignment
• Increasing structural stability
• Increasing range of motion
• Strengthening weak muscles
• Releasing chronic contraction
• Balancing muscular asymmetry
• Developing healthy movement patterns
Viniyoga (prefixes vi and ni plus yoga) is an ancient Sanskrit term that implies differentiation, adaptation, and appropriate application. The American Viniyoga Institute uses the term Viniyoga to refer to an approach to Yoga that adapts the various means and methods of practice to the unique condition, needs and interests of each individual - giving each practitioner the tools to individualize and actualize the process of self-discovery and personal transformation. This approach to yoga evolved out of the teachings transmitted by T. Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar of Madras, India.
Highlights from this DVD include
• Presentation on understanding back pain and the application of yoga therapy
• Technique workshop on how to safely perform postures and movements
• Focused practice for low back and sacrum therapy (23 minutes)
• Focused practice for hip therapy (30 minutes)
• Integrated practice for sustained low back strength and stability (31 minutes)
• 2 ½ Hours
• English subtitle option for all material
• Bonus MP3s of all practices for audio-only classes at home or on the go
No one has written a review for this product yet, be the first to review.