This limited-edition 6-DVD box set features 24 hours of lectures on yoga by master teacher Andrey Lappa. This outstanding set was recognized as one of the top ten yoga videos of all time by Yoga Journal!
Universal Yoga is a systematic approach to spiritual evolution based on the key principles of classical yoga, creativity in practice and personal freedom. Andrey Lappa developed the Universal Yoga system after two decades of intensive study and practice with spiritual teachers throughout Asia. His theory lectures offer insightful and comprehensive knowledge and skills for harmonizing spiritual awakening through yoga with everyday life.
We've captured and packaged the entire lecture portion of Andrey's Level 1 Advanced Studies program and made it available on a multi-DVD set. Over 24 hours of edited material guides you through a truly unique workshop experience that presents Andrey's brilliant synthesis of hatha yoga as well as his provocative insights into more esoteric practices. This fascinating series of lectures on yoga philosophy is as much a training on being a yogi as it is a workshop on how to teach yoga.
The lectures are presented exactly as if the viewer were participating in the teacher training. We've preserved as much of the natural feel of the experience as possible, including a great number of real questions from the other students in the class. Andrey makes extensive use of a large presentation easel to list important details, draw diagrams and describe asanas. We've made sure to include close-ups of this information on the DVDs, but also created a 16-page, full-color Reference Guide that offers some of the more intricate diagrams in printed form for ease of use and review.
The Level 1 box set focuses on the universal theory of asanas, vinyasas, pranayamas, bandhas, mudras, etc.—essentially the building blocks of a yoga practice. The box set also includes extensive lectures on kundalini, chakras, the yamas and niyamas, the koshas, and karma.
Lecture topics from this DVD box-set include
• Distinctive features of Universal Yoga
• The universal scheme of Asanas: static positions of the body
• The universal scheme of Vinyasas: dynamic movements of the body
• Safety techniques in asanas
• The universal scheme of Pranayamas: control of breath
• Connecting Pranayamas and asanas
• The universal methods of energy control: Bandhas, Mudras, and Drishtis
• The function of Chakras and Rasas
• Primary and secondary Pranas
• Activation and control of Kundalini
• The universal meaning of Mantras and sound energy
• Control of attention: Pratyahara, Dharana and Samadhi
• Control and relaxation of the Maya Koshas: shells of human existence
• Kriyas and the cleansing of the Maya Koshas
• Development and appropriate use of Siddhis: spiritual abilities
• Yamas (moral precepts) and Karma
• Niyamas (self-purifying disciplines) and Karma
• Power of the Spirit
• A Demonstration of Rasas - activation of the chakras
• A Demonstration of Ziong-Shing - Vietnamese dynamic yoga
No one has written a review for this product yet, be the first to review.