Join yoga master Andrey Lappa for an intro to the theory and practice of Universal Yoga. You'll understand why the Universal Yoga system is one of the most comprehensive and balanced approaches to yoga ever conceived!
Universal Yoga is a unified scientific approach to achieving liberation of consciousness through a balanced application of physical, energetic and psychic practices. This system reflects Andrey Lappa's experience with spiritual teachers of the Hindu and Tibetan Buddhist traditions of the Himalayas, his decades of personal practice and research, and his belief in complete freedom and creativity in practice.
This DVD features two hours of edited lectures on the theory of Universal Yoga as well as a special 2-hour practice designed just for this DVD that includes asana, pranayama, yasas and meditation.
The Universal Yoga practice presented on this DVD is designed to create a powerful balancing and centering influence on consciousness. Because Universal Yoga is based on a comprehensive understanding of all possible yoga forms and techniques rather than on specific fixed patterns of asana or vinyasa, this DVD sequence is just one of thousands of possible practices, or Universal Yoga sub-styles, that can range from very vigorous and active to very quiet and restorative. Andrey encourages students and teachers to use the tools of Universal Yoga to create unique practices well-suited to support their own personal development along the spiritual path.
This particular sequence offers a balanced combination of static and dynamic strengthening and stretching poses suitable for a wide range of physical ability levels, but is recommended for experienced yoga students.
The other half of this unique DVD is a compilation of lecture highlights taken from Andrey's Universal Theory of Yoga Level 1 box set. We've sifted through the many hours of great material to find some choice lecture topics that will expand your knowledge of better-known yogic topics, and hopefully open your eyes to some completely new ones. The entire lecture set is quite remarkable, and we've tried to give you a good taste of the experience in this sampling.
Practice Highlights include:
• 4 Hours
• Development of all directions of mobility of each main joint of the body
• A balanced combination of static fixations and dynamic movements
• A balanced combination of strengthening and stretching exercises
• Rotation of the body in multi-dimensional space
• Posture options appropriate for experienced yoga students of different ability levels
• Pranayamas and guided relaxation and meditation
• Advanced asana demonstration with Andrey
Lecture Highlights include:
• Universal Yoga as an all-encompassing system of yoga practices
• The universal scheme of Asanas and Vinyasas
• The universal scheme of Pranayamas
• Use of Bandhas, Mudras and Drishtis to improve concentration
• Methods of controlling and purifying Maya Koshas
• Yamas and Niyamas: universal codes of conduct and self-purification
• The activation and control of Kundalini energy; opening consciousness
• Development and purposeful, appropriate use of Siddhis, or spiritual abilities
• Power of the Spirit
No one has written a review for this product yet, be the first to review.