Join internationally acclaimed yoga teacher and scholar Paul Grilley for Anatomy for Yoga. A must-see for yoga practitioners of all levels and a compelling viewing experience for anyone interested in understanding their own body.
An invaluable resource for both yoga students and teachers, this comprehensive DVD includes nearly 4 hours of in-depth lectures, demonstrations and special features on human anatomy as it relates to yoga practice. The focus of the DVD is comparative skeletal anatomy: understanding the underlying skeletal structure of the body, how the shapes and sizes of the bones differ from person to person, and how to use that knowledge in gaining a much deeper understanding of our individual yoga practices.
Paul Grilley explains the key concepts of compression, tension, proportion and orientation with the help of a wide range of yoga students. These concepts help us to understand why no two people will ever experience the same yoga posture in exactly the same way. Paul's light-hearted yet provocative approach will challenge many misconceptions about yoga while providing the foundation for the development of a truly personal yoga practice grounded in safety and respect.
Highlights from this DVD include
• Nearly 4 hours of presentations, comparisons and special features
• Interactive Skeleton feature as an anatomy study aid
• Bonus lecture: differences among real human femur bones
• Q&A: real yoga teachers ask Paul common questions about anatomy and yoga
Anatomy presentation topics include
• Tension vs. Compression
• The Eight Major Joints of the Body: an overview using comparative anatomy
• The Shoulder vs. the Spine
• The Femur and the Pelvis
• The Importance of Skeletal Proportion
• Orientation to Gravity
No one has written a review for this product yet, be the first to review.