Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka mat is the one thing I can always count on. It has been the foundation for my practice for almost 10 years and always will be.

-Lyn Kehoe
Ridgefield, Connecticut

Community Partners

karmaNICA logo

karmaNICA

Empowering the youth of Nicaragua through education and yoga.

karmaNICA was founded by Peter Sterios, Jennifer Galardi and Adrienne Ward to help create an educational and nurturing environment for the children of Escuela Cedric Martin school in Costa Sur, located at the foot of Mombacho Volcano on Lake Nicaragua near the colonial city of Granada.

The karmaNICA Project serves to directly benefit the children of the Cedric Martin School through the construction of:

•A SMALL SOCCER FIELD
•A BASKETBALL COURT
•A PLAYGROUND AREA FOR GIRLS
•AN ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM (At present, the school is a small, one-room structure for all ages and grade levels)

The school was settled at the foot of the Mombacho Volcano in the year 2001 in a community known as Costa Sur, which is inhabited by more than 40 families. Most in the village are subsistence level farmers and despite their exceptionally poor economic conditions, they faithfully send their children to the school. Although most don’t have a life situation that is conducive to study, many of the children walk long distances each day from their homes to school (up to 2 hours) lacking uniforms and basic supplies.

A portion of proceeds from the Karma Care Package will benefit the amazing kids of Costa Sur continue on a path of education, learning and growth. With your help karmaNICA will not only build a new classroom and playground for these kids, but also support educational programs that currently are not possible given their remote location.

Join us in contributing to karmaNICA by purchasing the Karma Care Package, for your practice + for our world.