Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka mat helps me practice connection. The moment my toes touch my mat, I inhabit my breath, my body and my present experience.

-Andrew Baerthel
Ontario, Canada

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Fiona McCarthy

Fiona McCarthy

Lake Forest, IL

Why Manduka?: The Meditative Dance on the Manduka Mat Inspires Ecstasy.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka mat helps me practice new beginnings.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Lake Forest Health and Fitness

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Fiona Ricci McCarthy has been teaching Yoga for 10 years and currently teaches at the Lake Forest Health and Fitness Center in Lake Forest, IL. She received her 200 hour level certification from the Expanding Light Ananda Yoga and Retreat in Northern California, and has attended numerous other teacher trainings and workshops from well-known practitioners such as Erich Schiffmann, Rod Stryker, Annie Carpenter, Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Andre Lappa and Eric Strom. She is inspired by her current teacher Lourdes Paredes, who continues to encourage and direct her personal journey and refinement of her life on and off the mat.

A reader of inspirational biographies, Fiona identifies similarities in these stories to the Yogic journey and shares these insights with her students to show them how Yoga is involved in everyday life. She loves to prepare seasonal foods, which involves the focus needed of Yoga, attention and patience. She frequently asks her students what they would like to practice, and fun, informative classes have resulted.