Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice...... infinite love.

-Aimee Yowell
Richmond, VA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Carlos Da Silva

Carlos Da Silva

Bainbridge Island, WA

Why Manduka?: This is the first and last yoga mat you will ever need. It's my personal portable yoga studio."

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice...... deeper

Yoga Style: Forrest Yoga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: The Island Yoga Space

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Carlos' passion for a yogic lifestyle began discreetly in his early teens when as a Yogananda devotee at 15 he began practicing a devoted form of Yoga called 'Kriya' and then went on to receive his Yoga Teachers Training with Ana Forrest and Jonathan Bowra as well as studies at India’s Benares Hindu University studying Yoga history, philosophy and Indian music. Originally from Portugal, Carlos is a yogi and internationally recognized electronic music producer/musician.

Included in the 8 limbs are the Yamas and Niyamas, which he considers a key aspect to his practice (Sadhana).

He continues bridging a Yogic lifestyle in his Bainbridge Island studio classes and at retreats around the world. Known for his ability to deeply challenge students with compassion, a wise touch, helpful adjustments, and attention to alignment, and along with his sense of humor, he inspires students to explore and reconnect to their ‘true self’ on and off the yoga mat.