Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka is THE ONLY mat I am on. Their commitment to community, sustainability and products that stand up to the energy that challenges props and mats in the effulgence of a practice inspires me. PLUS... The colors make me smile...

-Shannon Paige Schneider
Boulder, CO

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Eric Brown

Eric Brown

Annapolis, MD

Why Manduka?: LOVE my Manduka mats! I wouldn't practice on any other mat.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice peace.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Kripalu, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Charm City

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Eric is a former rocket scientist (really!) that has been practicing yoga & incorporating its philosophy into his life since discovering it in college over 30 years ago. He is certified E-RYT 200/RYT-500 and has earned teaching certifications in Kundalini Yoga (Krishna Kaur), Kripalu/Pranakriya Yoga (Yoganand Michael Carroll), Ashtanga (David Swenson), and Rocket (David Kyle). He studied with Maezumi Roshi (Zen) and is a Vipassana meditation practitioner. Eric has been featured in Yoga Journal (Oct 2011).

His classes can be challenging, but students are led in a mindful asana practice that fully engages them on many levels. He is known for his relaxed, playful style and infuses his passion for yoga into each class. He encourages his students to take what they learn on their mats into their lives.