Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice in tranquility.

-Michele Holliday
Lexington, SC

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Allison Zimmerman

Allison Zimmerman

Charleston, SC

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: “ Sthira Sukham Asanam"-Patanjali's Yoga Sutra II.46 My seat is steady and joyful when I am on my Manduka mat. I feel more connected to the earth and balanced when practicing on my Manduka mat.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice with a strong and joyful connection to the earth.

Yoga Style: Jivamukti, Power, Restorative

Practice with me here: Charleston Power Yoga , Jivamukti Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Allison Zimmerman is a graduate of the College of Charleston. She received her first 200 hour yoga teacher certification in 2003. This first certification inspired her to learn more about yoga and the philosophy of yoga.
She was introduced to the Jivamukti Yoga method by Andrea Boyd and Jeffrey Cohen in 2004. She studied and completed an apprenticeship with them in Charleston in 2007. She offers many thanks to them for being such a positive inspiration and introducing her to so many beautiful beings. Allison participated in the Jivamukti Yoga Teacher 350+ hour Certification at the Omega Institute in New York in 2007. She has continued to study with Andrea Boyd, Jeffrey Cohen, David Life, Sharon Gannon, Manorama, Dharma Mittra, Doug Swenson, Erich Shiffmann and many others. Allison has experience teaching students of all level and ages. And her style adapts to the specific class she is teaching.
Allison teaches at the Jivamukti Yoga Charleston Studio in Mount Pleasant. Allison also teaches at Charleston Power Yoga, the only Baptiste affiliate heated power yoga studio in downtown Charleston. In 2009, Allison attended a weekend workshop with Baron Baptiste. This short weekend sparked an interest in Baron’s sequence and teachings. She plans to study more with Baron in 2011. She also teaches at Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island and Gold’s gyms in the Charleston area.
Allison’s interest and enthusiasm for the infinite philosophy of yoga is what fuels both her practice and teaching.