Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice six mornings a week, 52 weeks a year, ten years and counting...

-Angela Jamison
Ann Arbor, MI

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Andrew Baerthel

Andrew Baerthel

London, Ontario

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka not only creates products that perform at the highest level, but they are fully committed to conscious development and sustainable production. They truly practice what they preach, and have numerous inspiring community support programs. As someone who rarely vocally recommends a brand to students or friends, Manduka truly is one I can put my whole heart and conscience behind.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka mat helps me practice connection. The moment my toes touch my mat, I inhabit my breath, my body and my present experience. It is this moment that I am brought back to center, to my intuitive brilliance. It is here that I find space, inspiration, energy, clarity.

Yoga Style: Hot Yoga, Power, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: The Athletic Clubs , Om Yoga

Recent Updates

2014/05/23 - Yoga Immersion. Build a strong foundation in your yoga practice with personalized instruction and one-on-one attention from a highly qualified teacher. This program runs for 8 weeks and will be held at The Athletic Club London (South Location). Registration is currently open for the two sessions beginning on June 10th, 2014, but spaces are limited. Read More

Description/Bio

Andrew is a 900 hour trained yoga instructor, certified personal trainer and founder of Yogi International. He combines the depth of classical hatha, dynamic vinyasa and power yoga methods with pragmatic, empowering psychology and his background in fitness training. As an athlete and someone who has found deeper fulfillment in life through their yoga practice, Andrew strives to share it’s truly transformative power with others.

Andrew offers yoga and energizing fitness programs, courses and retreats in a wide range of settings within Canada and internationally. Inspired by the supportive sense of community that yoga creates, his approach appeals to all students, allowing those with more experience to enhance their practice while beginners refine the most basic modalities in the same space.

After spending most of the past year hosting integrative retreats on the Atlantic coast of Morocco, Andrew has returned to his native Canada where he maintains a full schedule of yoga classes, personal training, workshops and retreats.