Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka Mat traveled around the world with me from Fiji to New Zealand, Bali, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Iceland and the East Coast before following me to my hometown of Seattle. It didn't matter where I went, when I rolled out my mat to practice I felt like I was home.

-Kaitlyn McConnell
Portland, OR

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Janna Giles

Janna Giles

Seattle, Washington

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka is my partner in practice, my anchor in flow and my foundation to flying high.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice feeling each moment, exploring, creating, and connecting with the joy within.

Yoga Style: Prana Flow

Practice with me here: OM Voyage Yoga & Retreats

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I am a Certified Prana Flow®: Energetic Vinyasa yoga instructor, who is passionate, dynamic and creative. My first exposure to yoga was as a child, witnessing my mother practicing in the early seventies. Even then, it held me captivated. As an adult, I was reintroduced to the practice and immediately discovered the body-mind-spirit connection and grounding it provided. As a busy professional in the deadline oriented graphic design industry, my yoga practice provided the stress release I needed to help me stay focused, productive, and clear about what was important in life. As an avid dance student, teacher and performer, it allowed me to heal and re-energize a body stressed by intense physical demands.

Beyond the physical, yoga provided mental clarity and balance, and it resonated with my previously established spiritual base. As my yoga life continued, I attended yoga teacher trainings, started teaching, and began incorporating yoga into my dance life; adding partnered yoga to performance art choreographies. In late 2007, a serious but unrelated neck injury forced a lapse in my teaching and performance schedule. While using my personal yoga practice as a method of healing, I attended one of Shiva Rea's Prana Flow® teacher trainings and was so inspired that I immediately registered for the certification program.

In early 2011 I was grateful to be able to start teaching yoga again, and later that summer I left a 20+ year career to dedicate myself to sharing the power of yoga with others. I'm inspired to guide my students on a journey, and share my appreciation for the connection between spirit, energy, philosophy and yogic movement. My creative classes are thematic, and different every time. Within those themes, I love to share down to Earth philosophy from ancient yogic texts and other sources that are very applicable to modern life. I show my love for world travel and other cultures through my class music playlists, which include sounds from all around the globe.