Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Like yoga, I happily stumbled across my Manduka eKO™ by chance. Each time I step on my Manduka, it reminds me to remain open to the joy that the unexpected holds.

-Stephanie Creaturo
Brooklyn, NY

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Aimée Pranava Tañón

Aimée Pranava Tañón

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Why Manduka?: On Manduka, I have compassion with my true self. No judgements, simply compassion and empathy. My mat supports me in this global journey.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice wherever and whenever.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Iyengar, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Manduka

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

For over 20 years, Pranava has been teaching yoga classes in NYC and mostly Scandinavia & Europe for the past 4 years. Her teaching style includes elements from traditional Sivananda, Vinyasa Flow, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Bikram Yoga, Jivamukti Yoga and meditation. She is certified under the pinnacle certifications offered through Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance UK respectively. Her classes are challenging and are aimed at creating a strong flexible body while promoting calmness of mind. Her classes nourish the body, mind and inspire the opening of the heart. Her communication skills, commitment to her own spiritual and physical development, her personal desire for growth has contributed to her strong reputation.

She has been teaching and studying yoga extensively for the past 20 years, during which she spent 2 years under the mentorship of Dechen Thurman, Jivamukti Yoga School NYC. As the founder and primary teacher to Om Pranava Yoga Global, she has developed classes that focus on yoga as a hip, hot, spiritual practice. She aspires to bring alive the wisdom of the eight limbs of yoga throughout asana classes. She continues to study extensively through continuing education programs. Aimee founded Pranava Yoga in 2002 and attains to live the message of yoga and pass onto others the ancient teachings on the principles of 5 Yamas & Niyamas. These programs/workshops include pre-natal, mom and baby, restorative, as well as classes for athletes, seniors, children of all ages, and teens.