Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka mat works with me, giving me just enough support without distancing me from the floor. My practice feels simultaneously grounded and light. I can move freely and focus on the moment as it unfolds.

-Chrissy Carter
New York, NY

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Sara Volkell

Sara Volkell

Sacramento, California

Why Manduka?: On my Manduka, no matter where in the world I am, I’m home.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice without distraction. It’s the most reliable mat there is: no slipping, no having to adjust to get comfortable, just me, the mat and my practice.

Yoga Style: Hot Yoga

Practice with me here: Arden Hot Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

In 2008, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. In an effort to lose stubborn weight from having been prescribed Prednisone (a steroid) I found the Hot Yoga series. Through this series I was not only able to lose the excess weight, but more importantly I was taking an active role in managing my MS symptoms. As my mind-body connection deepened and my body began healing, I knew I had to share yoga with others. I left my field in Information Technology and pursued a 500 hour certification from the Hot Yoga Doctor Pro Teacher Training. I even returned the following year as an assistant teacher. During my training I noticed the darkness that came with my diagnosis was replaced by a bright light that I have been shining through my classes ever since.

Whether it be hot yoga, hybrid classes or yin, I am committed to teaching all of my classes with safety and compassion. I pay special attention to modifications for different body types, ailments and injuries.