Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka helps me to keep grounded while I learn to fly.

-Marina Aldasoro
Buenos Aires, Argentina

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Chris Croft

Chris Croft

Devon, United Kingdom

Why Manduka?: Rolling out my Manduka mat anchors me into the reality of my daily practice. Having shredded numerous inferior mats, I don’t know why I ever wasted my time with other mats. Having the right tools for the job means you can dedicate your entire focus to the present moment, knowing that your mat won’t fail you when you are at your most vulnerable. My Manduka gives me that added sense of permanence and stability. No matter where I am in the world I can roll out the familiar and safe ground I need to surrender to my practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice stillness in motion.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Ashtanga Yoga Workshop

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Chris Croft is a Yoga Alliance certified Yoga teacher, specializing in Ashtanga. He has over 700 hours of training in the UK, US, India, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Nepal. He teaches weekly Ashtanga and Vinyasa yoga classes in Devon and Somerset, and leads workshops, intensives and retreats across the UK and Europe.

Since leaving the commercial world of design in 2004, Chris has traveled across Europe, Asia and North America practicing and teaching Ashtanga and Vinyasa yoga. During that time he has been fortunate enough to study with inspirational teachers such as Neil Barker, Kathy Cooper, John Scott, Matthew Sweeney, and Paul Dallaghan, as well as extended trips to study under the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and his grandson Sharath Rangaswamy in Mysore, India.

He has been teaching Ashtanga and Vinyasa yoga since 2005, after completing training with certified Ashtanga teacher Paul Dallaghan’s Centered Yoga Institute in Thailand.

In 2011, Chris was invited to attend Richard Freeman's one month teaching intensive in Boulder, Colorado. Richard remains Chris’s primary teacher and source of inspiration.