Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka has over 2000 hours of practice on it. It is the magic carpet that has been my foundation for the last 6 years. I tell people, they can keep buying $20 mats, or they can buy one Manduka. It is the only mat we sell at my studio.

-Toni Farris
Plano, TX

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Shana Meyerson

Shana Meyerson

Los Angeles, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka is my magic carpet.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice being me.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: YOGAthletica

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I stumbled (literally) into yoga after an unfortunate pinky-toe breaking incident in august 2011. An avowed hard-core athlete, yoga was the last place I ever expected to find myself. But there I found myself…and then I found myself.

The Universe certainly sends us what we need just when we need it. A few weeks after my introduction to—and immediate immersion into—yoga, 9/11 hit. And who didn't need yoga then?

Within months of discovering the practice, I quit both my career and my MBA program to pursue yoga. I didn't know if I would ever earn another dollar, but I knew it was something I just needed to do. It was a huge leap of faith, but the Universal Parachute caught me and ensured my safe landing.

And here I am, founder of YOGAthletica, as well as mini yogis yoga for kids, gifted with the opportunity to share yoga all over the globe. It's been an awesome trip!