Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice anywhere, anytime, especially when I am on the road adventuring.

-Rachelle Tratt
Venice Beach, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Eric Broder Van Dyke

Eric Broder Van Dyke

Oahu, HI

Why Manduka?: Manduka Mats help me to live on my hands.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice by giving me the stability and support to go flying on my mat.

Yoga Style: Power Yoga

Practice with me here: Yoga Hawaii

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Eric Broder Van Dyke grew up in Waimanalo, where he lived an active outdoor lifestyle. Doing handstands with the help of the shallow beach ocean was one of his favorite things to do. In 2001, Eric discovered yoga while at college in Las Vegas. He started attending classes regularly at It’s Yoga, Las Vegas. After many years of practicing the rocket and primary series, the teaching staff suggested to Eric that it was time for him to study with the ‘Yoga Man’ Larry Schultz. Eric travelled to San Francisco to attend an It’s Yoga, San Francisco teacher training. At the end of the program, Larry Schultz suggested to Eric that he move to San Francisco and continue training with him. After moving Eric continued to study and learn from It’s Yoga system, began teaching yoga in 2007 around the city of San Francisco at It’s Yoga, Astayoga, and Allied Fitness Professional Services. Now Eric has returned to Oahu and is honored to be sharing what he has learned with others at Power Yoga Hawaii.

Eric leads a practice of the being that awakens parts, senses, and beings in one’s existence that aid in the inhabiting of the physical form. His practice brings into focus the state of being and allows the practitioner to grow into the true potential of their being. Yoga sharpens the tools of existence, the mind, body, and spirit to allow the practitioner to better serve their fellow cosmic energy forces. Yoga is the path to experiencing the true wonders of the privileges of being.