Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka mat is where i practice being who i want to be in my life – it's my playground to try on fearlessness, patience, play, steadfastness, compassion and faith.

-Melanie Lora Meltzer
Santa Monica, California

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Stephanie Cullen

Stephanie Cullen

Olds, Alberta

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My Manduka mat is like an old dear friend....It has seen it all, bliss, love, joy, tears and frustration. Through it all giving support and stability without judgment.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice being grounded and centered. It is my sacred space where I can return to again and again to connect with my inner self.

Yoga Style: Restorative, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Blissful Energy

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I began my yoga journey in 2000, primarily as an exercise regime, not knowing where it would take me. Then with the passing of my parents, yoga brought a whole new meaning to life for me. It gave me stability and calmness…. A place of refuge. I felt the need to share yoga with others.

So in 2006 I started my teaching studies with Trinity Yoga, (now Gaiatri yoga) based on the teaching of T.K.V. Desikachar and Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. In 2009, I received my 200hr certification. I like to draw from all styles of yoga including Ashtanga, Iyengar, Anusara, and Yin to name a few. It allows me to be creative and innovative in my classes. My classes are primarily Vinyasa Flow and Restorative. Through my teachings I hope to touch the hearts of my students and introduce then to a place of bliss. A place where they can blossom into their most beautiful and complete self, both on and off the mat.

Through my years of practice, the one thing I have learned is that every moment, every day and every posture is new again. It is never complete, it is always changing.