My Manduka helps me practice silence.

-Mercedes Ngoh
Devon, UK

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Melissa Prouty

Melissa Prouty

Keller, Texas

Why Manduka?: I love the quality of Manduka products! I know that my rug, mat, blocks etc will not be slippery or wobbly while I practice so that I can focus on the meditative, healing and restorative aspects of my practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice coming inwards and hitting the Middle Path.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini

Practice with me here: Turiya Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Melissa Prouty, ERYT 200, came to yoga from a Muay Thai, gymnastics, and snowboarding background. While living in Los Angeles, she tried her first yoga class, finding the concept of stillness and going within far too complicated and contrary to her hectic lifestyle and stressful sales career. Fast forward a few years, and as the saying goes, “when the student is ready the Teacher appears”. Feeling the strain of her fast-paced lifestyle, Melissa was instantly drawn in by the spiritual and healing aspects of yoga. She experienced not only the physical benefits of her time on the mat practicing Ashtanga and Shadow Yoga, but more importantly, Melissa felt her first glimmers of stillness in motion as she experienced calmness, an inner peace.

As a Breast Cancer Survivor, Melissa feels blessed to know and understand the softer, gentler & quiet side of yoga which facilitates healing and restoration of the body and soul. She feels privileged to have studied various different forms of yoga including Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, Shadow, and Yin from teachers around the world. Melissa has had the honor to study with many inspiring teachers like Tias & Surya Little, Saul David Raye, Bridget Kramer Woods, Annie Carpenter, and Rod Stryker who all influence her teaching.