Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My eKO Mat is like a trusted friend- never judging, always supportive, and there in times when I need it the most.

-Erin Thomas
Bloomington, IN

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Laura Ahrens

Laura Ahrens

Boston, Massachusetts

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My mat is where my yoga practice lives. My Manduka feels like home.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: Manduka helps me practice devotion. It's not what I do on my mat, it's that I get there.

Yoga Style: Forrest Yoga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: www.manduka.com

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I reluctantly tried yoga in 2009, received my 200 hour certification in vinyasa in 2011, and shortly after fell in love with Forrest Yoga. I completed the Forrest Yoga Foundation Teacher Training and Advanced Teacher Training with Ana Forrest and am currently enrolled in a year-long mentorship program with Forrest Yoga Guardian Dr. Heidi Sormaz. I am also a level I and II Reiki practitioner and hold a BFA from The University of the Arts.

I am passionate about connection—to body, spirit, the earth, and each other. I work with attention to each individual’s current physical and emotional circumstances (the only possible starting point) to create a practice that is fueled by deep breathing, a strong connection to core (physical and non), reverence for ancient wisdom and ceremony, and the use of the practice of yoga to be more alive in each moment. I emphasize alignment, development of muscular strength, physical and mental flexibility, and commitment to the work and effort necessary for personal evolution. I’m forever grateful to my teachers, formal and otherwise, and am honored to be an ambassador to Manduka.