Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

I still use my first Manduka Mat that I bought in 2001, it will outlive me!

-Alan Mileham
Alberta, Canada

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Mary Beth LaRue

Mary Beth LaRue

Venice Beach, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My mat is my blank canvas, my life raft, my recess, my muse.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice being present.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Yogis Anonymous , Studio Surya Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

In a fast-paced world, Mary Beth works to guide her students into a space of joy, mindfulness and compassion. Forever a student of yoga and of life, MB's mission is to inspire and elevate others to live their best life and to fully inhabit, enjoy, and heal their bodies through asana, meditation, and pranayama.

A Santa Monica-based Vinyasa yoga teacher, MB received her 200-hour yoga alliance certification from flow yoga studio in Washington DC, her pre- and postnatal teaching certification from inspired yoga in Washington DC, and her 500-hour teaching certification from Yogaworks in Los Angeles. She teaches group classes at two local studios she absolutely adores - Yogis Anonymous and Studio Surya Yoga - and crossfit gym karma crossfit. She also teaches yoga in drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers and mental health facilities in the Los Angeles area, and has developed classes held at the down syndrome association of Los Angeles for teenagers, newborns, and their family members.

MB resides in Venice Beach where you can find her riding her bike, going to the farmers' market, and taking road trips with her English bulldog Rosy. she also loves avocados, homemade chai tea, and hip hop.