Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Sometimes my practice is too big, other times to small, but my Manduka always fits..even when I decide to color outside of the lines.

-Dani McGuire
Fort Wayne, Indiana

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Chrissy Carter

Chrissy Carter

New York, NY

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My Manduka mat works with me, giving me just enough support without distancing me from the floor. My practice feels simultaneously grounded and light. I can move freely and focus on the moment as it unfolds.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: For me, so much of the practice is about listening, not just to my body and breath, but to the constant, truthful feedback I'm receiving from my surroundings. When I practice on my eKO Lite, I feel totally connected with the floor and am able to monitor the moment-to-moment feedback coming from the ground. The eKO Lite reminds me of how important it is to listen with curiosity and an open mind.

Yoga Style: YogaWorks

Practice with me here: YogaWorks Union Square

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Chrissy is passionate about teaching intelligent yoga with clarity and compassion. She encourages her students to practice satya (truthfulness) and viveka (discernment), offering the space to observe patterns and the support to see challenges as opportunities rather than obstacles. Her knowledge of movement and anatomy manifests as clear, descriptive and thoughtful instruction. Chrissy's approach fosters curiosity, playfulness and self-inquiry. Chrissy is a senior teacher, teacher trainer, mentor, and anatomy teacher at YogaWorks in New York. She travels internationally to lead workshops, retreats and continuing education for students and teachers. Her blog, H(om)e, is a source of inspiration for those looking to take yoga into both their kitchen and their life.