Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka is much more than a mat to me - it is my foundation for peace in my mind and heart.

-Stephanie Besler
Santa Barbara, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Jamie Klaes

Jamie Klaes

Fairbanks, AK

Why Manduka?: My Manduka helps me practice daily transformation.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My two passions have a lot in common, who would have known that flying and yoga are so similar? Your presence is not requested but required. Living on the mat is living in the moment.

Yoga Style: Hot Power Yoga

Practice with me here: Bettles Lodge , University of Alaska Fairbanks

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Jamie Klaes grew up in rural Northern Alaska above the Arctic Circle. Starting to practice yoga over ten years ago, she found a practice she could take anywhere. As you can imagine there are not many outlets for exercise in a place with little roads and no gyms or personal trainers. The mat is the gym, working perfectly for the lifestyle she leads. Her two passions are flying single engine aircrafts and yoga, being able to enjoy them equally during the summer months. Jamie relies more on yoga in the winter with temperatures dropping down to 65 below zero. With the cold temperatures you can see why Jamie gravitates toward Hot Power Yoga, usually practicing in the sauna at the Lodge she manages. You can find Jamie teaching at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, as well as offering yoga retreats under the Northern Lights at the Bettles Lodge.