Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

On Manduka I feel like I have a chance to try again. Each time I plant my feet firmly on my mat, I am reminding myself that I am still here. I am reminded that I am alive.

-Chelsea Jackson
Atlanta, Georgia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Courtney Meijer

Courtney Meijer

Georgetown, TX

Why Manduka?: My Manduka helps me practice remembering that the divine is within us, even when we forget.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka PROlite is my foundation. It gives me the strength and stability that I need to gain more freedom in my practice. With a solid base I feel like I can fly higher!

Yoga Style: Anusara® yoga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Moksha Yoga on the Square , Esquina Tango , Yoga Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Courtney discovered yoga in 2008, looking for a way to increase flexibility after running a half-marathon, but found a lot more than just being able to touch her toes! After practicing every style offered in Austin she could find, Courtney decided it was time to undertake a teacher training program to deepen her own practice. Being a personal trainer, she also wanted to share the benefits with her clients, adding a new dimension to her training programs.

In 2010 Courtney completed a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification with Desirae Pierce through Breath and Body Yoga in Austin, A Baron Baptiste Power Yoga affiliate. She completed the Anusara Immersion in August of 2011 with Christina Sell and will begin the Anusara teacher training in December of 2011. Taking influences from Vinyasa and Anusara yoga to bring together powerful sequences and a strong emphasis on alignment, her classes are fun, active, sometimes sweaty and geared to keeping her students safe.