Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka supports my practice as an offering. So I can be grateful to receive the unlimited possibilities!

-Nick Heng
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Brian Hyman

Brian Hyman

Agoura Hills, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: I enjoy working with eco-friendly, eco-conscious companies such as Manduka.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice feeling, moving, seeing, and listening from my heart space.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Equinox Woodland Hills , Agoura Power of Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

I began practicing yoga as a means to stretch. I had no desire to develop a practice or teach. However, I quickly became quite strong and balanced on my mat and I soon realized yoga was a very spiritual practice for me. In The Upanishads it is written that "When the five senses are stilled, when the mind is stilled, when the intellect is stilled, that is called the highest state by the wise. They say yoga is this complete stillness." When I step upon my mat, time and space no longer exist. My yoga mat is the magic carpet upon which I find complete stillness. When I teach, I share these ideas and encourage students to leave the past and the future where they belong. Yoga is ultimately practiced in the present moment. We honor and respect our mind, body, and breath by practicing in the now.

Much gratitude to my teachers for guiding me along my path. Much respect for my students who inspire me daily.