Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka products have stood the march of time, seeing me through countless practices, classes and workshops, like good friends helping me each step at a time. That the company is as committed to providing the community with the highest quality materials as it is to the environment makes them one I am happy to support.

-Angela Tomassetti
Chicago, IL

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Jessica Myron

Jessica Myron

Dallas, TX

Why Manduka?: Happiness lies in the inhales and exhales.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice patience, on AND off the mat.

Yoga Style: Power Yoga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: American Power Yoga , Dirt Cheap Yoga , Uptown Energy Fitness

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

My yoga journey began in 2004, and I fell in love with the ‘workout’ right away. At the time I wasn’t exactly sure what drew me to yoga, I just knew not only was it great physically, but it was the only time my mind didn’t seem to wonder off to a to-do list or replay events in my past. I found solitude and peace on my mat. I couldn’t form it into words, but I knew there was something special about being ‘truly present in the moment’.
In 2007 I found out I was pregnant with my first son. I was ecstatic and enjoyed everything prenatal yoga had to offer. However, tragedy struck as I lost my son during birth that year. As one could expect, I downward spiraled into depression and felt lost. I learned a lot about myself during that challenging time, but also came out of the loss with intense panic attacks. Eventually I returned ‘home’ to the studio and got back to my yoga. I started to notice, as my body returned to pre-baby shape, the aching in my heart slowly started to heal. Then, I actually tried to pay attention during meditation; searching for any advice and help I could get in overcoming the loss of my son. I found a whole new need for yoga in my desperation. I began to get stronger and felt more whole as I left class, determined to live in the present, and not let my past define me. I truly felt I was being healed by the practice. I no longer needed to take the antidepressants or anxiety medication I was prescribed. It took over a year, but who knew I could actually control those mind games with just my breath? I knew then, that yoga wasn’t just a workout you practiced in a studio or on the mat; it was a lifestyle off the mat as well.