Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

In the martial arts they give black belts to their advanced practitioners, in yoga they give the Manduka black mats.

-Angela Kukhahn
Santa Monica, California

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Sophie Herbert

Sophie Herbert

Brooklyn, NY

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka products excel when it comes to form and function. Their mats and props are eco-friendly, supportive, and beautiful. Manduka's love and concern for the Earth extends beyond caring for the environment. They also promote positive transformation in society.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice openly, safely, and with a feeling of being more connected to the Earth.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Park Slope Yoga Center , Yoga Sutra NYC , East Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Sophie Herbert’s artful life is filled to the brim. Being a yoga practitioner/teacher is her framework, television appearances, photography, music, and, especially, her determination in doing social work.

A graduate of New York’s Cooper Union School of Art, Sophie nurtured her passion for documentary photography and pursued her disciplined study of yoga in New York, Paris, Kazakhstan, and throughout India. Sophie holds a teacher's certificate and degree in advanced yogic studies are from the Yoga Vidya Dham institute in Nashik, Maharashtra, India. She has studied many forms of yoga, including Ashtanga, Anusara, vinyasa, Sivananda, and Iyengar. Her New York based hatha and vinyasa classes are integrative and alignment focused.

Sophie is a contributing editor of Whole Living Magazine, writes twice weekly on their blog, and makes regular appearances on the Martha Stewart Show. She is also a singer/songwriter with two albums under her belt.
Sophie is incredibly grateful to be an ambassador for Yoga Gives Back.
For more information, please visit www.sophieherbert.com