Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice anywhere, anytime, especially when I am on the road adventuring.

-Rachelle Tratt
Venice Beach, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Erin Taylor

Erin Taylor

Seattle, WA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My Manduka helps me practice involution.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: On my Manduka I always find my flow.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: YogaLife , Jasyoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Erin is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and the owner of Jasyoga, the home of her passion—yoga for athletes. She brings a clear vision and mission to her classes: Find you flow.

Erin discovered yoga as a collegiate basketball player in San Francisco. At first she thought it was a bit slow and, well, boring—time that could be better spent on the court or in the weight room. Then, while sidelined by a spinal injury from overtraining, yoga provided the perfect opportunity to bring things back into balance. Learning to focus her mind in the present and calm and center herself with her breath quickly proved invaluable skills in her sport and beyond. The discovery that you can go further physically and mentally not by gritting your teeth but by taking a deep breath was a revelation.

It felt like “flow” personified.

Her practice grew from there and she eventually quit her job as a journalist to pursue her newfound passion—yoga. Now, she brings her accessible, relevant approach to athletes and teams at all levels and abilities, from first-time runners to the NCAA Division 1 national championship softball team. Erin’s program, Jasyoga Athletica, has been embraced by the University of Washington Athletics Department, where she works privately with men’s and women’s teams from tennis to baseball, as well as local high school sports teams and competitive athletes in training.