Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

I've gone through so many mats, little bits of them coming off on me, the stick going out of them - until I found Manduka. I can roll my Manduka PROlite mat out anywhere and practice. It works so well, I forget all about it and am just in the poses.

-May Kuckro
Austin, TX

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Kate Szilagyi

Kate Szilagyi

Los Angeles, CA

Why Manduka?: I can't say enough about my eKO-Lite mat! It's the one object I carry with me at all times. I love that it's eco-friendly, yet durable (mine is 4 years old and still going strong!). The perfect balance of flexibility and strength, it is solid enough to withstand a tough daily practice but soft enough to cushion my bony joints. Kind of like the perfect yogi: strong, yet flexible!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka mat helps me practice: acceptance, growth, and stillness. I go to my Manduka mat every day to try and evolve as a yogi and as a human being. It's the place where I strive, through my practice, to be more aware, more grateful and more compassionate.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Power Yoga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Meridian Bodies in Motion , Rising Lotus Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

As the child of two medical doctors, Kate grew up with a profound interest in healing and the promotion of well-being. A passionate athlete, Kate ran Division I track and field at Dartmouth College, where she was a pole vaulter and long jumper. After a serious knee injury sidelined her career in these field events, Kate devoted herself to long-distance running and finished near the top of her age group in races around the East Coast. She discovered yoga in 2002, and within a few years developed a daily, breath-focused and alignment-based practice.

Kate moved to Los Angeles in 2007, and received her yoga certification from YogaWorks in 2008, an experience which inspired her to leave her job in finance and dedicate her life to advocating for health and happiness, through yoga. Kate feels blessed to have discovered this practice, which continuously encourages her own self-development, self-acceptance, and sense of gratitude for the beauty of the world around her. She has a daily Ashtanga practice, and teaches strong Vinyasa flow classes at studios throughout Los Angeles.