Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

I am a full time ashtanga and vinyasa flow yoga teacher and I get a lot of students asking me what yoga mat I recommend and for my advice on yoga products and accessories. Without a doubt, I always steer them to Manduka products. I love their commitment to community and support as well, so for me Manduka is the clear answer.

-Heidi Schubert
San Diego, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Suzanne Leitner-Wise

Suzanne Leitner-Wise

Alexandria, VA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: With so many mats on the market, how do you know which to buy? Ten years ago I purchased my Black Mat PRO. Since then, I have tried the eKo manduka, the jade eco, the kulae, the korq, and the thinksport. Which one am I still using? – My Black Mat PRO!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice through life’s ups and downs and supports me all the way!

Yoga Style: Vinyasa

Practice with me here: US1 Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Suzanne traded in her hectic London-based goal-driven working career when she found ‘her self’ in savasana at her first ever yoga class. She immediately signed up and completed a two year teacher training diploma in Cheam, Surrey & helped run the yoga center and teacher training program there. Since that time, Suzanne has studied with many wonderful teachers & practitioners of yoga & has taught yoga on a full-time basis. In September 2000 she moved to the USA and continues to teach classes, workshops & retreats nationally and internationally, as well as direct her own Registered Yoga School; US1Yoga. Suzanne has been the yoga teacher of Senator Mark Warner, and in 2010, despite still receiving treatments for breast cancer, was one of the plaintiffs in the victorious case of litigation (through the Institute for Justice): Yoga Teachers of Virginia against the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia, which, in our victory, set a precedent and ultimately ensured our freedom and right to teach yoga. Suzanne is also a published artist & poet, a PADI-certified diver, & mother of two wonderful sons.