Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice being myself.

-Melanie Simmons
Louisville, KY

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Melissa Smith

Melissa Smith

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Besides having the best mat out on the market, Manduka supports Seva by donating recycled mats for underprivileged teens that I work with. Each teen has said how incredible it's been to have something all their own to practice on. I've asked for more Manduka mats this year, as the program has doubled in size. Even though I'm on a waiting list, I'd rather wait, than use anything else. Go on, recycle your old mat! It's good for you & good for the planet.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice with clarity of purpose. I purchased my mat with the recommendation of Flow Yoga Studio owner & friend while in Hood River, Oregon during a special 3 week yoga immersion. After an intense 2 hour class one morning, I lay there on my new mat, reflecting on something our teacher had just shared with us... "You are not your thoughts. You are not your body. You are something more." At that moment, I broke through my old vision of myself and began to see my life unfold with fresh awareness. That clarity is something I will never forget. And, certainly, every time I step on my Manduka, I am reminded that I am indeed something more.

Yoga Style: Acroyoga, Yoga Therapeutics

Practice with me here: Melissa Smith Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Melissa Smith, Yoga Alliance ERYT® 500 in yoga therapeutics, Yoga Teacher Trainer with Holistic Yoga Teacher Training, Thai Yoga Massage, and AcroYoga® certified Teacher. Native Texan, Melissa currently lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with her 2 sons.