Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka Mat helps me practice rootedness.

-Ariele Foster
Washington, DC

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Margaret Burns Vap

Margaret Burns Vap

Bozeman, MT

Why Manduka?: My MANDUKA mat is my non-negotiable travel companion.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Georgetown Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Margaret’s relationship with yoga began almost a decade ago, in a bid to combat a hectic New York City lifestyle and a corporate career with cosmetics giant L’Oreal. A few years and several hundred down dogs later, Margaret knew that the corporate world no longer held her future, so switching her designer suits for yoga pants - and NYC for Washington DC - she combined her business know-how with her passion for yoga and created Georgetown Yoga, one of DC's most popular yoga studios. In early 2007, Margaret and her family all packed up and moved to Bozeman, Montana; they look forward to an active outdoor lifestyle in their new home. Margaret plans to continue her life’s work of sharing yoga through her newly formed venture Big Sky Yoga Retreats, and to expose her Manduka mat to fresh, mountain air as often as possible.

Margaret has honed her teaching skills with a variety of yoga trainings over the years; most recently, she completed a 200-hour teacher training intensive with Yoga Works; this training was the result of a partnership between her studio Georgetown Yoga in Washington, DC and the renowned CA-NY based Yoga Works. In February 2007, Margaret traveled to Hawaii for Baron Baptiste’s Level 1 teacher training bootcamp. Margaret is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance.

Margaret holds a BS in Business and Languages from Georgetown University and an MBA from Thunderbird, the American Graduate School of International Management. She speaks fluent French, Spanish, and a little Italian and has lived abroad on numerous occasions. Margaret is mom to a young daughter, Morgane Sienna, who has just starting learning yoga and loves to do headstand on mommy’s Manduka mat.