Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice with clarity of purpose.

-Melissa Smith
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Niccola Iovino

Niccola Iovino

Chicago, IL

Why Manduka?: I practice 2 hours a day, 6 days a week and I only use a Manduka; it truly is the Cadillac of yoga mats!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Ashtanga

Practice with me here: Moksha Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Niccola found yoga seven years ago after the big move from New England to Chicago. Ashtanga yoga fascinated her immediately, especially the philosophy of '99%practice, 1% theory'. Going deeper into the Ashtanga practice by traveling to India, Niccola studied with Sri. K. Pattabhi Jois in Mysore, South India and with Lino Miele in Kerala, South India.

After her journey, Niccola’s mission has been to spread the word on the benefits of a daily practice and the numerous benefits both physically and psychologically that Astanga yoga has to offer. Niccola’s teaching qualifications include study and practice under theguidance of senior Ashtanga instructors Tim Miller, Chuck Miller, MatyEzraty, Paul Dallaghan, and Lino Miele. In her classes, Niccola expresses the importance of tristhana, the combination of dristi, bandhas and breath, as tools for strengthening and focusing both the mind and practice. Forever a student, Niccola encourages yoga practitioners to explorepractice with the theme “all is coming”, a popular axiom of Sri K.Pattabhi Jois, the founder of Astanga Yoga.

Niccola completed her foundational teacher training at Moksha YogaCenter in 2005 and is a certified yoga teacher. Niccola also completed her specialized teacher training with Tim Miller's Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Tulum, Mexico in 2007. She holds a bachelors degree in Journalism and Political Science from the University of Rhode Island and is a published writer in newspapers and magazines.