Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka mat is where i practice being who i want to be in my life – it's my playground to try on fearlessness, patience, play, steadfastness, compassion and faith.

-Melanie Lora Meltzer
Santa Monica, California

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Leila Radan

Leila Radan

San Francisco, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka is more than a company, a mat or a mere product line to me. Manduka is integrity, innovation, truth, hope... By reaching out to me when I experienced a mat snafu, Manduka not only fixed my snafu and enriched my experience but they gave me a personal story to boot. Now, aside from a fantastic, unique and top of the line mat, I have a personal story with Manduka that's all mine and, well, that's priceless! Thank you Peter... thank you Manduka!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice an acceptance of my limitations without allowing myself to be limited by them... that breeds self-compassion, eliminates self loathing, adds to and solidifies one's sense of serenity and there we shall be, charged and yogified in the most wondrous way. My Manduka also helps me practice the power of deliberate creation I hold within. With my breath, I fine tune the focus of my wandering mind away from fear-&-negative-based thoughts, away from shattered hopes into mind-blowing expectations of greatness. With such highly charged expectations & wants, fueled by ujjayi created atop my Manduka, the universe will respond in kind, adding to the layers of greatness that is and that shall be, responding with highly charged, electric wonders of WOW-K-POW, reaffirming my already held belief that, anything is possible if you just breathe...

Yoga Style: Ashtanga

Practice with me here: Leila Radan

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Leila Radan is a San Francisco certified, yet international, Ashtanga Yoga Instructor.  She has taught extensively at yoga studios, gyms, spas, corporations, physical fitness & rehab facilities, colleges, martial arts studios, and  ran her own Holistic Center in Spain for 3 ½ years. Her multicultural background allows her to both connect with and successfully guide students of varied cultures and walks of life through the vigorous practice of Ashtanga Yoga.

She has studied with San Francisco teachers Larry Schultz, Jim Passard and Mark Statsny as well as a variety of Ashtanga masters such as Tim Miller, Maty Ezraty, Chuck Miller, David Swenson, Doug Swenson and Guruji himself, the late Pattabhi Jois

Her emphasis is first and foremost on the breath, the very core of Ashtanga Yoga, and in the safe alignment and seamless flow of her students' practice.
"Ashtanga is the very base of whatever sense of sanity I possess in today's chaotic world. I have maintained my practice through both of my pregnancies as well as through life's ups and downs and I am truly the stronger for it and hope to be able to impart the same sense of well-being to my students.