Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice consistency. I return to my Manduka every single day and it feels just perfect.

-Carolin Adler
Hamburg, Germany

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Laurel Hicks

Laurel Hicks

Windsor, Canada

Why Manduka?: The Manduka mats are the best that I have tried. I will never need another mat again.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice without worrying about slipping on my mat. I love the fact that I can practice every day and the one thing that I know will not change is my mat. I have owned my Manduka Black Mat PRO for about 4 years now and there are still no signs of wear. I try to buy good quality merchandise in hopes that it will last a very long time. My Manduka will last me forever!

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: East Side Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Grounding her practice firmly in the belief that the benefits of yoga apply equally to students from all walks of life. Laurel teaches with a contagious enthusiasm. A yoga convert since 1999, Laurel is now beginning to further her journey by to extend her yoga to include seva - "selfless service" within her community and beyond. This is her biggest passion. In 2009, she traveled to Cambodia with Off the Mat, Into the World, Seane Corn, Suzanne Sterling and 20 other yogis who raised $20,000 to volunteer with impoverished children.

Laurel has completed her teachers training with Jonny Kest and has furthered her training by learning and assisting Seane Corn and studying prenatal yoga with Janice Clairfield. She is now reaching out to at-risk youth in a juvenile detention centre and a teen drop in centre and acting as a mentor to future Off the Mat, Into the World participants.