Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka is like the landing strip you've always dreamed of. It is cush and supportive.

-Annmarie Solo
Topanga, California

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Norea Hoeft

Norea Hoeft

Seattle, WA

Why Manduka?: Before I tried a Manduka mat, I never recommended any particular brand--it's my first and only product endorsement, because Manduka is just that much better than anything else out there.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Hatha

Practice with me here: The Samarya Center

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Norea Hoeft, RYT, IMT Trainee, is an avid yoga practitioner since 1998, Norea began student teaching at the Samarya Center in 2005, and she became a regular staff member one year later. Norea holds a bachelor's degree in ethnomusicology and brings her love for and appreciation of diverse cultures and people to her teaching. She is dedicated to Samarya's mission of making yoga accessible to anyone, regardless of perceived physical ability. A former Montessori teacher and mother of one, Norea also has extensive experience with young children and received Montessori teacher training through the American Montessori Society. She is particularly interested in yoga as a tool for healing through childhood trauma and subsequent depression and post-traumatic stress.