Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice being in the present moment and going with the flow.

-Susanne Eichinger
Munich, Germany

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Vanessa Best

Vanessa Best

Roanoke, VA

Why Manduka?: I absolutely love my Black Mat® PRO, even more than I thought I would! It's like having my own earth and roots with me no matter where I practice, whether in the studio or on the mountain, I am dependably stable on this mat!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Acroyoga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Best Bodywork and Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Vanessa is a RYT-500, Certified Massage Therapist, and Mom to daughter, Campbell. A Radford University graduate, Vanessa previously taught special education. Vanessa began practicing yoga in 2002 to manage chronic pain from neck and back injuries. 3 months later all pain medications were stopped, and Vanessa felt a new joy for life. Vanessa continued taking daily yoga classes and continued to grow and heal, and began considering Yoga Teacher Training.

Vanessa completed her 200hr and 500hr teacher certifications under Anna Pittman, who facilitates trainings in Blacksburg, as well as Norfolk, Virginia.

Vanessa teaches and practices an eclectic style of yoga... from Ashtanga to Therapeutic.

In February of 2009, Vanessa created a very specialized yoga program, Yogabilities™, which shares yoga with adults with disabilities. The students in the program share the categorization of “Mental Retardation” as their primary disability. The program began with 1 class per week in February 2009, and has grown to 4 classes per week, as well as private sessions for individuals needing extra support.

Yogabilities™ grew from the vision that yoga is appropriate and beneficial for everyone at all ability levels. Vanessa could not have predicted how much she would look forward to the weekly Yogabilities™ classes, or how much she would learn and receive from the amazing individuals in the program, who have so completely embraced both Yoga and Vanessa.

In Yoga, Vanessa has found a path of vulnerability, strength, and love. Each day she makes the choice to lean in to life.