Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice.. being present.

-Amber Tande
Seattle, WA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Rama Patella

Rama Patella

New York, NY

Why Manduka?: Frankly, I was never very particular about my mat. Recently, I was given an eKO Lite™ Mat to try, and immediately I realized how superior the traction is. I am extremely delighted to have one of my own. I even think it has improved my jumping!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?:

Yoga Style: Anusara® yoga

Practice with me here: Yoga Works

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Rama Nina Patella, E-RYT/500, loves to teach. Former Director of the World Yoga Center for 23 years, her great joy is sharing her passion for yoga with others which she has been doing since 1976. Her decades of expertise and training include being personally taught by B.K.S. Iyengar in Pune, India, after which she became a certified Iyengar Teacher.

A meditator of 32 years, Rama studied with Siddha Master Swami Muktananda and now with Gurumayi Chidvilasananda. Certified in Anusara Yoga, she began her training with John Friend in 1994. She now teaches yoga in medical establishments and yoga schools throughout New York City.

Rama currently teaches in the Yoga Works Teacher’s Training Program and regular classes on Yoga Works’ weekly schedule.