Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Whether it's the feet or the hands, the Manduka gives you the grounding and stability to uplift your daily practice!

-Dimitris Papadakis
Attica, Greece

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

River Morgan

River Morgan

Aspen, CO

Why Manduka?: I love using Manduka because it is such a responsible and conscious company doing great things in the world!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice courageously.

Yoga Style: Hatha, Meditation

Practice with me here: Aspen Prana

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

River Morgan spent much of her childhood with her family in an ashram in Los Angeles. A lifelong study of movement and the body guides her teaching & practice. This has led River to teaching mind/body classes for over ten years. River has been blessed to have studied with many powerful teachers, including Sarah Powers, Paul Grilley, Kausthub and T.K.V. Desikachar, Robert Svoboda, Nancy Gilgoff, and Shiva Rea. River's personal teaching style has evolved as a reflection of both the knowledge and inspiration these teachers have shared with her as well as time deepening the studies on retreat and personal exploration. The wise words and insights of great spiritual leaders, such as Parmahansa Yogananda, Swami Sarveshwarananda, Swami Prajnananda, Jack Kornfeld, and Byron Katie have also profoundly blessed River's path.

River is a certified yoga, meditation & Gyrotonic instructor. She also holds the credentials to lead teacher trainings for yoga and meditation through Yoga Aliiance. She has studied Ayurveda and transpersonal psychology to create a blend of body-mind-spirit integration. She also holds a BFA in Dance & toured nationally & internationally with two professional dance companies. River’s classes encourage you to be fully in the moment and dive into your body, mind & spirit as they truly are.

River teaches private meditation, Yin Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, and Restorative Yoga. She also leads retreats, guided yoga hikes, and wellness coaching.