Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka Black Mat PRO has been laid out for practice sessions on the beach, in the snow, and even at roadside turnouts for impromptu practice sessions. No matter where I am, it always feels like home.

-Merrin Muxlow
San Diego, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Kelly Jean Moore

Kelly Jean Moore

Charleston, SC

Why Manduka?: My asana practice is the anchor of my spiritual practice. Every pose begs for a strong connection to the earth. I have come to trust the no slip, no fuss foundation which my Manduka mat allows me. Thank you.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My manduka mat helps me practice loving kindness.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Blue Turtle Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Kelly began teaching in 2004 at Blue Turtle Yoga in Charleston, South Carolina. Her primary style is vinyasa based but incorporates the varied practices of Ashtanga, Power Yoga, and the Yin practices popularized by Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley. Each practice varies greatly depending on the particular theme being explored. Regardless of the style or theme of a class, there are consistent alignment points used, not to create the perfect pose, but to help people realign their structure and rediscover their center. She is known for injecting an irreverent sense of humor into her classes but has no fear of tackling the serious psychological issues of waking up which include aversion, attachment, addiction, and fear. Though she would not call herself a Buddhist, Kelly’s long-standing mindfulness meditation practice has been an endless source of support for her as a teacher and a seeker. She is the creator and primary instructor of BTY’s Teacher training program and has currently wrapped up a long stint as the studio director to create more time for personal inquiry and the counseling of private clients. She travels nationally teaching workshops on the Chakra system and on liberating the creative process. Kelly is also proud to represent Manduka as an ambassador of their reliable yoga props.