Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice turning ordinary moments into extraordinary ones.

-Alanna Smith
Toronto, ON

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Robert Sturman

Robert Sturman

Santa Monica, CA

Why Manduka?: My mat is my temple. Manduka mats have a solid foundation for me to build a strong, stable practice which leads to a strong, stable life. As an artist, my practice helps me to stay focused, healthy and strong. My mat is a sacred part of my practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice sacredness.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Robert Sturman Studio

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Robert Sturman is a photographer and artist who began practicing yoga as soon as he realized that an hour of asana created an internal canvas for him to be able to think thoughts into existence.
“I love yoga. Yoga has taught me about possibility. Yoga helps me to create from a place of calm and a place of being in my ultimate knowingness that if I think it, it can be so. Yoga should be offered at every art academy in the world.
In 2005, Sturman was honored by the Grammy Awards as ‘Visual Artist of the Year,’ and continues to work with their charity foundations. In addition, his work has been commissioned by the United States Olympics and he was the official artist, representing America, for the 2010 World Cup.
Sturman has worked extensively with the Yoga community creating a prolific body of work celebrating the expressive beauty of asana. This definitive collection resulted in a beautiful coffee table book, "Impressions of Yoga: The Radiant Spirits."
His work within the yoga world helped open doors for him to navigate yoga programs in the United States prison system, creating a heartfelt, moving series entitled, "Freedom: Yogis Behind Bars."
Robert Sturman lives in Santa Monica, California.