Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

The Black Mat® Pro is superb! I have never been disappointed by the Manduka mats I have used. I only teach or practice on a Manduka mat nowadays – it is my yoga buddy.

-Joseph Lee
Singapore

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Karen Miscall Bannon

Karen Miscall Bannon

Amherst, MA

Why Manduka?: Manduka mats rock!! They're durable and have just enough grip.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice eco-responsibility. The eKO mat is the same high-quality product, made from environmentally-friendly materials!

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Yoga Therapy

Practice with me here: Yoga Center

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Karen Miscall-Bannon is the director of the Newington Yoga Center Embodyoga Teacher Training. She began her yoga studies in 1985 with Eddie Modestini, and recently with Patty Townsend at the Yoga Center Amherst in 2001, where she became certified at the 200-and 500-hour levels in Embodyoga. She has assisted Patty in the YCA’s teacher trainings since 2004, and has been teaching parts of the modules since 2007, helping to develop the YCA’s yoga therapeutics program with Patty. Karen has extensive knowledge of anatomy and Embodyoga principles, with a focus on yoga therapeutics, stemming from her bodywork practice of over 10 years. Karen brings a deep love of yoga and yoga philosophy to her teaching, and is known for being able to make abstract concepts accessible to her students. She gratefully brings what she has learned from her teachers and her own practice to her students, to assist them in deepening their awareness of body and mind through the yoga practice. She teaches vinyasa-style classes at the Yoga Center Amherst, and focuses on therapeutics in her private sessions.