Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka helps me to keep grounded while I learn to fly.

-Marina Aldasoro
Buenos Aires, Argentina

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Joan Hyman

Joan Hyman

Los Angeles, CA

Why Manduka?: I practice daily and the Manduka mat is great for helping me enhance my practice by keeping it's endurance. As I perform my vigorous ashtanga practice, my Manduka helps me to stay grounded and rooted, by not slipping or bunching up like other mats tend too from an athletic practice.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice setting my roots and staying grounded.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: YogaWorks Larchmont

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Joan Hyman is a dedicated ashtanga practioner who teaches many popular vinyasa flow classes in Los Angeles and has retreats and workshops around the globe in places like Brazil, NYC, and Hawaii. She completed The Yogaworks Teacher Training with Yogaworks co-founder Maty Ezraty and Senior Iyenger teacher Lisa Walford. She went on to complete her Yogaworks Certification then took her first trip to Mysore, India to study with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois at The Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute. She most recently returned from Bali studying with world-renowned teachers Heather Duplex and Prem Carlisie who also offered teachings on meditation, pranayama, and ayurveda. She continues to grow in her teaching by following her heart’s intention and opens herself up to experiences that help her evolve in her own life.