Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka helps me practice with clarity of purpose.

-Melissa Smith
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Jillian Glikbarg

Jillian Glikbarg

San Francisco, CA

Why Manduka?: Best life raft a yogi can have!

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me teach grace.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Power Yoga, Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Yoga Source

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Jill Glikbarg has been practicing yoga since 1986 in the Hatha traditions of Ashtanga, Iyengar, Power and Vinyasa. She completed her teacher's training in Vinyasa Flow with Mark Stephens of Santa Cruz Yoga center, has completed intensive teacher workshops with Rod Stryker , Susi Aldous, Dharma Mittra and Shiva Rea. She has dedicated her life to teaching yoga full time in the Silicon Valley /Bay Area providing not only public classes but corporate and private sessions. She focuses her narrative on the intimate conversation between breath and body that is often drowned out by the musings of the mind. Her class sequencing physically and energetically culminate into a peak pose and then she guides her students toward relaxing into release and stillness. Practicioners are led with verbal cues and hands on adjustments into safe alignment while deepening their practice. Her narrative takes the mystery out of yoga and allows all levels of students to experience the practice with humor, grace and joy.