Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka supports my practice as an offering. So I can be grateful to receive the unlimited possibilities!

-Nick Heng
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Jennifer Smith

Jennifer Smith

Tampa, FL

Why Manduka?: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice grounding like I have never experienced before. I have had the same mat for 10 years and it feels like home. I feel like my Manduka mat is my partner in my practice.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Iyengar

Practice with me here: Yogani Studios

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Jen remembers her first big break. “Your hired” said the Creative Director of one of the top ad agencies in New York. “We were both Leos” she remembers him saying that summer in July of 1992. After proving herself with long hours, pitching campaigns with little or no sleep, she traded in her high heels and corporate suits for a Manduka mat and yoga pants. She studied in Teacher Trainings at Santa Monica Yoga, Yoga Works, Asheville Yoga Center and White Lotus under mentors Julian Walker, Rick Gould, Lisa Walford and Maty Ezraty. Her commitment day came when she was hired to run the flagship Yoga Works in Santa Monica, California “It was the first day that I knew that I would only be a success if I spent my day doing what I loved.” Since then, she has managed programming and events for such leaders in the industry as Exhale, Equinox, and Yoga Works. She created her own format of yoga called “Heart Core” that emphasizes leading with heart and relying on core strength. Her “Starting Yoga” classes brought up to 500 people weekly into the clubs she taught. Her path led her to Yogani studios where she teaches Hatha classes and Yoga Grooves. She is also the Events Planner for the studio. Jen believes that Tampa is on the verge of a real yoga breakthrough, “This city is just seething for a deeper, more expansive yoga program that demands the rest of the country to take a closer look at the talented instructors it has to offer. It has authentic, dedicated, and deeply enlightened students that are waiting for their next big yoga experience”. Please join her on Wednesdays and Fridays at Yogani. She looks forward to hearing your story of how yoga called your name.