-Jessica Lesley
North Hollywood, CA

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Annmarie Solo

Annmarie Solo

Topanga, CA

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: My Manduka mat is the stability that allows me to fly.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice presence and strength.

Yoga Style: Vinyasa Flow

Practice with me here: Yoga Desa

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Annmarie Solo is a soulful yoga teacher and singer/songwriter based in Los Angeles.
She teaches vinyasa flow yoga as well as foundational yoga in the Krishnamacharya lineage. Her classes are deep and rich allowing the student to explore consciousness in action cultivating healthy new patterns and ways of being.

Annmarie first discovered yoga at Jivamukti in NYC in 1997.
Inspired to travel to India with her guitar on her back, she learned sacred mantras from the Brahmin in the villages and sang in the temples absorbing these sounds and prayers. Upon her return to the US Annmarie recorded a mantra cd called Devotion which received powerful praise.
Michael Mollura of LA Yoga writes, "Annmarie Solo's voice touches the notes and we are transported into a space that is abundant and ethereal. Annmarie is an L.A. artist who sings like her heart would dissipate if she didn't.”

In 2000, Annmarie completed the Yoga Works Teacher training after which she taught at Yoga Works for the next 6 years. She currently teaches at Yoga Desa in the enchanted mountains of Topanga Canyon and leads yoga retreats and concerts around the world. She has a clientele that includes some of Hollywoods most successful directors, writers and producers.

Most recently Annmarie released her folk/pop debut called Rising which
Music Connection Magazine calls," "Honest, delicate and heartfelt".
Her songs are filled with hopeful, inspiring messages about humanity, love and evolution during these times of great change.
Annmarie can often be found hiking trails in Topanga where she's lived for the past 8 years with her dog Cedar Boy.