Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Your practice will never be same once you try all things Manduka.

-Roland DelaCruz
Makati City, Philippines

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

James Gotz

James Gotz

Boston, MA

Why Manduka?: Whether on my Black or travel mat, Manduka supports increased awareness and presence throughout the practice, allowing me to focus inward, without distractions from slippage.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice svadyaya (self-study).

Yoga Style: Therapeutic

Practice with me here: Elemental Yoga

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

James has been practicing vinyasa yoga daily since 2003, and under the guidance of his teacher Bo Forbes since 2005. Initially a (successful) tool to lose weight and manage the stress of his legal career, yoga now provides James with a blueprint for mindful living and a healthy body, mind, and spirit. A graduate of Bo's Elemental Yoga Mind-Body 200-hour and advanced 500-hour training programs, he regularly assists Bo in national workshops and continues under her supervision at the Center for Integrative Yoga Therapeutics. Through a dedicated focus on alignment and safety, James guides his students in Elemental Yoga’s approach towards optimal mind-body growth. A heart-opening, humor-filled and empowering style infuses his challenging-but-slow-paced classes and private therapeutic sessions.