Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Students who complain about slipping on their mats are invited to try mine. It makes your downward dog a whole new experience!

-Candice Garrett
Santa Cruz, California

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Defne Suman

Defne Suman

Portland, OR

Personal Website

Why Manduka?: Manduka would have been my shell if i was a turtle.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me practice groundedness on any ground.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa

Practice with me here: Cihangir Yoga of Istanbul

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Defne started practicing and later teaching yoga in Nong Khai, Thailand where she was working as a social anthropologist. After that her fascination with Yoga has taken her to different places in the world. Since 2005 she has been teaching mainly in and in Portland, Oregon and in her homeland Istanbul, Turkey . She has extensively studied Ashtanga Vinyasa System with Timo Jimenez and Gravity and Grace style Peter Sterios for a period of three years. She completed her teacher’s training with Tias Little in 2004. Currently she is deepening her practice through learning Shadow Style of Zhander Remete.
Defne is strongly interested in the philosophy of yoga and she has been studying Sanskrit and ancient yoga texts with Nicolai Bachman. In her classes she uses combination of different techniques and various sources of knowledge to help her students to explore and eventually fulfill their potential in life.