Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

Manduka supports my practice as an offering. So I can be grateful to receive the unlimited possibilities!

-Nick Heng
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

Heather Duplex

Heather Duplex

Kauai, HI

Why Manduka?: I have been using the purple PROlite™ travel mat since it first came on the scene and I love it! I even like it for practice when I am not traveling. It’s light and springy and lasts a long time. There is no reason to have any other yoga mat than a Manduka.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps me to practice self love...as part of my daily practice.

Yoga Style: Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Yoga

Practice with me here: Ashtanga Yoga Bali

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

Heather began her Ashtanga practice with Chuck Miller 19 years ago, in 1990. Being inspired by Chuck and the practice, Heather went to Mysore, India to study with Sri K. Pattabhi Jois in 1996, and was authorized to teach by him in 2005. Along with Guruji and Chuck, Heather was a longtime student of Maty Ezraty from Yoga Works in California. Heather taught at Yoga Works for 12 years. She is an advanced practitioner and has completed the third series.

Heather has also been studying Ayurveda since 2000, and has done several study intensives with Ayurvedic teachers, Maya Tiwari (A Life of Balance) and Amadea Morningstar (The Ayurvedic Cookbook) as well as healer Paul Pitchford (Healing with Whole Foods). She has a passion for nutrition and cooking and enjoys sharing her love of it with others.