Community

Community Action

Who's On The Mat

Blog

Affiliates

From The Heart

My Manduka mat works with me, giving me just enough support without distancing me from the floor. My practice feels simultaneously grounded and light. I can move freely and focus on the moment as it unfolds.

-Chrissy Carter
New York, NY

All Ambassadors

Ambassadors

David Lynch

David Lynch

Los Angeles, CA

Why Manduka?: The most glorious feeling of cushion to support a man of not gentle girth.

What does your Manduka help you #practice?: My Manduka helps my practice by being trusty, true and loyal, showing me comfort and cushion on a daily basis, holding up under great stress and constant abuse, never breaking down and providing the perfect slate for me to write upon for this wonderful yoga lifetime

Yoga Style: Acroyoga, Anusara® yoga, Ashtanga

Practice with me here: Yoga Works

Recent Updates

Description/Bio

David Lynch, or as he is known to many of his students and clients, Yogachef, is a yoga teacher and chef in Los Angeles. The love of food came early, the passion for Yoga later, now it is hard to imagine a life lived without either. Born into a family of beverage and restaurant owners, David’s grandparents own the famous Bay Road Package Store and The Captain’s Table in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware. As a young lad, David had the privilege to work at Holsten’s Brookdale Confectioner. An institution in New Jersey, Holstens would later go on to renown as the location for the very last scene in The Sopranos. A graduate of the prestigious Kitchen Academy/California School of Culinary Arts, David was privileged to work under James Bead award winning Chef Michel Richard, Chef Remi Lauvand and Chef Amanda Osborne at Citrus at Social in Hollywood. David’s yoga study began in New York City at Jivamukti with Sharon Gannon and David Life. After a move to Los Angeles, David spent the next decade studying Ashtanga with Chuck Miller and Maty Ezraty. A student at Yoga Works, David completed his Teacher Training with Annie Carpenter and Lisa Walford. David teaches Vinyasa Flow classes at Yoga Works. For more information, please visit - www.yogachef-la.com.